Re: string-join ?

Lo, on Tuesday, January 8, Shriram Krishnamurthi did write:

> Take a look at Olin Shivers's excellent SRFI on this.  I imagine that
> all of that code ports directly with just a MODULE wrapper.  That's
> what I would use, to get something designed well and to avoid
> reinventing even so much as a spoke.

Second the motion.

I've used scsh's implemetation of this SRFI a couple of times.  The
interface is a great deal more general than that provided by Perl's
split and join (as you might expect), so it can be a little tricky to
figure out how to implement split and join, but it's very well designed,
and thoroughly documented as well.

(Would that some of my co-workers could write even half as well as
Shivers!)

Richard