Re: objects, databases

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 05:23:44PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Wojciech Sobczuk:
> > i also need a relational database for persistence, i've thought of using
> > srpersist and schemeql, as Paul suggested, but the postgresql's ODBC
> > interface seems to be very old, and postgresql is the database which i'm
> > going to use.
>
> "Old" in what way?  What does it matter if it works?
>
> I definitely have SrPersist working with unixodbc talking to postgresql, if
> that helps you at all.

what postgresql version do you have?  i'm having problems with 7.1.3, the
required ODBC files sql.h sqlvar.h (and another one), seem to be called
isql.h and isqlvar.h in postgresql, so i thought this might be a problem.
could you give me some hints on the installation?

i'd really prefer using srpersist and schemeQL than spgsql..

thanks,
Wojtek