Re: loading additional code

Hmph, please don't capitalize "You" in English writing.
I assume that you're unfamiliar with netiquette (am I
just too old?) and I'll ignore it.

Since you're a CS student, I figure you can read papers
on this stuff. I recommend, in that order:

1. ICFP 99: Flatt, Findler, Krishnamurthi and Felleisen
   Programming Languages as Operating Systems
   (or, Revenge of the Son of the Lisp Machine)

   explains how to build an extensible product in plt scheme.

2. ESOP 2001: Graunke, Krishnamurthi, Van der Hoeven and Felleisen
   Programming the Web with High-Level Programming Languages

   explains how to build an extensible server with servlet
   support using 1 (they are called cgi scripts, but ignore that)

3. ASE 2001: Graunke, Findler, Krishnamurthi, Felleisen.
   Automatically Restructuring Programs for the Web

   explains how to make money from free software :-)
   just kidding but ask me when you have read it what I mean

They are all available from
     http://www.ccs.neu.edu/scheme/pubs/

Then read the docs for the Scheme server in v200 alpha. Relative to your
installation use

  $PLTHOME/collects/web-server/doc.txt

Alternative just look for web server in Help Desk.

To start it, cd to

  $PLTHOME/bin/

and run

 $ ./web-server -p 8080 &

for a start. Then point your browser at http://localhost:8080/
We are aware of problems with this configuration that will be
eliminated for the 200 release (will remain imminent until further
notice :().

Run some servlets as you desire. Use the xml library to get
stuff like JSP, call it SSP, going. I recommend the syntax

  <scheme>expressions ... </scheme>

and

 <splice>expressions ... </splice>

for now.

And since you are a CS student, considering joining PLT as a PhD student
and make money over here. Matthew, Shriram, and I will happily entertain
applications.

-- Matthias