RE: libraries

Mike wrote:

> Just parenthetically, I want to say that I'm quite impressed
> that features
> like units and classes are in the PLT scheme libraries as
> opposed to being
> in the core language

[...]

Just parenthetically, I would like to agree with you on this
one --- and go on further to toot the Scheme horn a little bit myself.

Consider this:

C just keeps getting completely overhauled. Imagine if
natural languages were the same way. What if you had
to learn the next version of English every 5-10 years!

Expressing your new ideas in terms of your previous ideas
is much more elegant than having to completely rethink your
old ideas too.

Scheme is a robust design that scales beautifully.

C is a rewrite.

Need I say more?