Re: (problem? 'guile)

   Thanks, but no thanks.

   My mathematical insight has little to do with the success and
   design of PLT Scheme.

   For the record, I believe that PLT's success is the result of a
   coherent team effort.  Everyone has his role, his strength, and his
   weaknesses.  The results are a give-and-take of sometimes less than
   amicable discussions. My only role is to facilitate this process
   and to make sure we don't lose sight of this fact.

Thanks, Matthias.  I hope it didn't sound like I was disparaging your
team.  It seems to me (again, I'm not really an expert) that you've
assembled a really fine team of programmers.  I'm sure everything you
said in the paragraph right above is true.  Nonetheless...

I understood that PLT has really high standards for data abstraction.
And I'm guessing the high standards for data abstraction are in the
same ballpark as the design recipes in HTDP (which I guessed earlier
grew out of your understanding of total/partial functions).  And I'm
guessing that your students Shriram & Matthew etc were inculcated with
your high design standards when they were young, so they "do it right"
without you having to sit on them...  But what do I know.