Re: Making $s

Yes.

Will Clinger started selling MacScheme in 1987 or 1988. It sold quite a few
copies for little money, and it sold for Mac only.

Kent Dybvig has been selling Chez Scheme for some 15 years, and apparently
quite a few copy. If I recall it correctly, a Chez license costs $5,000 for
industrial clients, $2,500 for educational site licenses. My guess is that
Kent sold a couple of hundred of these licenses.

Marc Feeley sells Gambit Scheme to industrial clients. Educational clients
get it for free.

Do you need more examples? -- Matthias