Re: Unhygienic macros

In a message dated 12/9/2001 2:04:05 PM Central Standard Time, mflatt@cs.utah.edu writes:

True; fixing that is on my list of things to do. For now, your best bet
is to look at

  Dybvig, Hieb, and Bruggeman, ``Syntactic abstraction in Scheme'' in
  Lisp and Symbolic Computation, December 1993.

It's available form Kent Dybvig's home page.

As a supplement to Matthew's reference, I offer the following links. I find the chapter on
macros in Kent Dybvig's Scheme book to very useful for examples of how to use both
the R5RS macros and syntax-case.

<article key="Dyb:Dyb:93a"
         author="R. Kent Dybvig, Robert Hieb, and Carl Bruggeman"
         title="Syntactic abstraction in Scheme"
         journal="Lisp and Symbolic Computation" volume="5, 4"
         pages="83-110"
         month="December" year="1993">
         <link
           url="http://www.cs.indiana.edu/~dyb/papers/syntactic.ps.gz"
           format="ps" />
</article>

<book key="Dyb:DybSchemeBook"
      author="R. Kent Dybvig"
      title="The Scheme Programming Language, Second Edition"
      publisher="Prentice Hall"
      year="1996">
      <link url="http://www.scheme.com/tspl2d/index.html" format="html" />
</book>