Re: mzscheme daemon?

On Dec  5, Anton van Straaten wrote:
> This worked fine, and my mzscheme daemon is now running happily.  I
> wondered, though, whether there was some other solution that doesn't
> require patching mzscheme.

What's wrong with just running it in the background?  -- For my server
I have this tiny script:

| #!/bin/sh
| cd /home/eli/scheme/webserver
|
| /home/eli/bin/mzscheme -mf server -e -start- -- `hostname` '80' \
|  < /dev/null > /tmp/webserver-log 2>&1 &
| echo $! > /var/run/scheme-webserver.pid

and then I hacked a quick scheme-webserver script in /etc/init.d (its
a RedHat) and life has been more fun since.  It even starts much
faster than Apache.

> I realize that a cross-platform daemon/service solution is more
> complex (especially on Windows, beentheredonethat), [...]

Not that I know anything about starting a service on Windows, but
isn't the whole concept something that falls nicely into the
OS-dependant world?