Re: regular expressions

"Paul T. Graunke" <ptg@ccs.neu.edu> writes:

> Have you considered using Dorai Sitaram's pregexp package?
>   http://www.cs.rice.edu/~dorai/pregexp/pregexp.html

Actually I hadn't considered it, but only because I wasn't aware of
it.  Thanks for pointing this out!  :)

Do you know how well this library performs?  It looks like it has all
the features I'd like, so it's a definate possibility.  But I have a
situation requiring up to several hundred reg-exp matches per second,
and would like a highly optimized version as well.  (The regexp will
be the same pattern so it should only need to be compiled once.)

Also, is there any reason that mzScheme is by default using a regexp
engine that is so limited when packages like pcre and the Dorai
Sitaram implementation are available?  Is there a possibility of
upgrading the regexp support in the distribution so that add-on
libraries aren't necessary?

--
Chris