Re: strings in scheme

Quoting Chris Uzdavinis:
> How can I "wrap" really long strings in source code?  [...]
> I've tried using back slashes (like C), but that fails too.

Backslashes work as in C with v200, but not v103.

> Is there a trick, or do I just need to tolarate really long wrapping
> lines?

If you're using printf, then you can use ~, like this:

  (printf "I'd like ~
           this to be ~
           on separate lines~n")

~<w>, where <w> is a whitespace character, skips characters in the
format string until a non-whitespace character is encountered, or until
a second end-of-line is encountered (whichever happens first). An
end-of-line is either #\return, #\newline, or #\return followed
immediately by #\newline (on all platforms).

Matthew