Re: Is it possible to have a persistent canvas background color ?

Quoting "Maurizio Ferreira":
> I tried to assign a permanent background color to a canvas
> calling   (send (get-dc) set-background back-color)
> during class initialization :
> [...]
> I wanted to avoid to set a background color and to call clear in the paint
> procedure, since (it seems to me) the canvas is automatically cleared
> upon entry to the paint procedure, using a (default ? ) white color.

Long ago, there was a way to set the background color for a canvas, but
there's no way currently.

The old way didn't work reliably on all platforms. So, during the Big
GUI Cleanup of Version 100, this feature was tossed into the large
bucket of things that we removed from the toolbox instead of trying to
repair.

I think we should take another look at this feature, and try to restore
it for version 201.

Matthew