Cannot generate a stand-alone program + other questions

1 ) I tried to generate a stand-alone program issuing the following
commands:

mzc --gui-exe test.scm

but received the following error message

MzScheme compiler (mzc) version 103, Copyright (c) 1996-2000 PLT
mzc: expects <file or collection> [<file or sub-collection>] ... on the
command
line, given 0 arguments

I have installed the Plt suite  in c:\programmi\plt
This directory is the first defined in the path list in autoexec.bat

my source is in d:\dati
I've opened a dos window and changed to that directory

the command
mzc -z test.scm
generates test.zo in the current directory

I'm using win98 IIed
any suggestion ?

2) The manual is  not clear if I need or not a c compiler to generate a
stand-alone application
do I have to ?

3) I see that the program 'games.exe' is very small.
I suppose it would run only in presence of the full installed environment,
anyway, what are the steps to build a similar program ?

Regards
Maurizio Ferreira