Re: SchemeQL

On a hunch I tried changing odbc-version to 2.5 and it (SchemeQL) worked. (I actually have 3.52, so the problem isn't on the ODBC side. And FYI odbc-version 3.0 also fails.)

It isn't yet clear to me whether the bug is in SrPersist or SchemeQL; I have successfully used SrPersist with odbc-version set to 3.51, but that's rather inconclusive since I'm sure my test script does but a fraction of what SchemeQL does. Still, at this point I think SchemeQL is the most likely culprit. (traceld and errortrace both seem to indicate that (require-library "schemeqlr.ss") is triggering the problem.)

The primitive in question, get-diag-field, is only used in schemeqld.ss. In that file it's used within a function called schemeql-diagnostic-center. That function is used in schemeqlu.ss to define a macro with the same name; and, finally, the value of that function is used in odbc.ss to define a function called s:diagnostic-center which is used everywhere.

If I modify schemeql-diagnostic-center so that it doesn't call get-diag-field, I get an error about free-handle missing... looks like a linkage problem, but I don't yet see where.