Re: MzScheme on Win32, not MSVC

Quoting Oscar Fuentes:
> I could try to wrote a makefile for Borland (and another for MingW)
> but building MzScheme as a DLL with MSVC will work too.

Building MzScheme with anything other than MSVC or Cygwin will be
painful. (MzScheme relies too much on the libraries provided by each
compiler to port easily to another compiler.)

The MSVC makefiles for 199.X generate MzScheme as a DLL (well, two:
libmzsch.dll and libmzgc.dll). So, when we eventually release version
200, it will be in DLL form.

Unless you have specific reasons to stick with 103.X, upgrading to
199.X now via CVS is probably the right way to go. If you have MSVC for
the purposes of building DLLs, that should work right away. But if you
don't have MSVC, then you need binaries from someone who does...

Creating binaries for exp-tagged pre-releases is one place where we
could use help. Any volunteers on the plt-scheme list (especially for
Windows)? I'll provide the web space; we just need someone to build and
upload binaries.

Matthew