RE: functional programming is great, but why lists?

Ricardo Medel wrote:
> Functional programming is great, but why numbers? Numbers seems pretty
> cumbersome. Why not use functions instead? For example, there's a very
> elegant number in your examples: 3. The easiest way to describe the
> number 3 is by a function/non-number version of it:
>
> (lambda (f) (lambda (x) (f (f (f x)))))

Stevens is only about 50 miles from Princeton, which probably explains why
you've suddenly begun channeling Alonzo Church.  I find that bowing and
prostrating myself a dozen times or so, while oriented towards Princeton,
usually cures that...

That, or writing a 10,000-line Scheme program!

Anton