Re: Greetings

Matthias Felleisen <matthias@ccs.neu.edu> writes:

> I understand that you used it as a length rather than an index. See
> my slogan. Can you give an example where the list is too short?

I think that you've convinced me it was a bad idea.  :) Now it's clear
to me that it was overly complex without any corresponding benefit.

I was imagining a case where there were many pieces left in the
available list but the collector had already advanced past the point
of where any further solutions were possible (the end of the search).
However, I think now that it would immediately (or very nearly
immediately) discover that there is nothing left, and would hit the
empty available list after just a few more recursions, which would
stop the program.

--
Chris