RE: DrScheme as Emacs-like kitchen sink

Lo, on Thursday, October 4, Robert Bruce Findler did write:

> Quoting Greg Pettyjohn:
> > How do you collapse? Be more specific, I don't know how
> > the editor would differentiate between clicking to place
> > the cursor and clicking to collapse a left paren.
> >
> > A double click? or perhaps the other (another) button?
>
> The standard thing would be to include it in the right-mouse (or
> control-click on the mac) popup menu.
>
> This kind of thing is fairly easy to do in DrScheme now. I will put it
> on my TODO list (no promises, tho :)
>
> One other cavet that this (well, any impl. in drscheme of this) will
> impose: if you save a file with anything collapsed, it will not be a
> plain text file anymore.

Ick.  I can see the reasons for such a requirement, but that's pretty
annoying: I like to be able to switch back and forth between DrScheme and
Emacs, primarily because DrScheme is just too slow on my poky old 233MHz
P-II machine.  (Maybe I just type too fast, but there's a noticeable lag
between my keystrokes and the appearance of the letter on-screen.  Any
suggestions on speeding this up would be greatly appreciated, by the way,
but I suspect it's just aging hardware -- seems to work fine on the 800MHz
P-III I have at work.)

Would it be possible to add an `expand all' option to one of the menus so I
could avoid such a problem?

Richard