Re: bounce

     You also mention Stallman's warts. Ignore them and take the best
     away from his project.

Thanks, Matthew.  I learned a whole lot out of Stallman over 10 years
of Emacs bug reporting.  Stallman's got real problems with big
projects (e.g. adding Mule into Emacs 20 was a nightmare), but he's
really good at small programming problems.   Often I'd send in a bug
report and have an idea how to patch it, and Stallman would come back
with a gem, a much more elegant solution than I was thinking of.   And
certainly Stallman really taught me how to send in bug reports.

   using abstraction if done right, will help people who approach a
   code base not hinder them.

Thrilling!  I have no objection to getting in the abstraction harness.