Re: MrEd and wxWindows

Quoting wil:
> I understand that MrEd is using a modified old version of the wxWindows
> library.

Yes.

> How difficult would it be to port this to use the GTK+ library?
> Compare that to switching the wxWindows to a current version (some 2.2.x)?

It would be difficult, but porting to GTK+ instead of the current
Widget library is probably much easier than upgrading wxWindows.

One reason is that many of our wxWindows rennovations have to do with
drawing contexts at the raw X level. Another reason is that our branch
of wxWindows is friendly to MzScheme's garbage collector. Nevertheless,
there are bound to be complex problems related to the interaction among
threads, eventspaces, and garbage collection.

Matthew