Re: compiling drscheme on mac

At 5:13 PM +0200 9/23/01, stefan.schadwinkel@s2000.tu-chemnitz.de wrote:
>Hi..
>
>Anyone knows if DrScheme will compile on Mac using the Apple
>MPW-Tools (MrC/MrCpp)?
>
>If this needs some adjustments, please tell me which..
>
>Or, does anyone knows a free C compiler for Mac which compiles
>DrScheme just fine ?
>
>(my problem is, that I don't have access to codewarrior for mac..)
>
>thanks,
>Stefan..

In theory, it should be possible.  In practice, it's going to be
painful.  There are a number of codewarrior project files which
you'll need to duplicate; some details appear in the README in this
project file folder.  You'll need to figure out which source files go
in which projects.  Also, many of the projects include a "precompiled
header."  It doesn't need to be precompiled, but it does need to be
included for each of the files in the appropriate project.

If your time is worth more than four or five dollars an hour, I'd
suggest that you go buy the student version of codewarrior, which
sells for $80 - $100.  It will probably wind up being an economical
move in the long run.  I wish I could give you a better answer than
that, but I'm afraid I can't.

On OS X, you have other options.  At the moment, the exp-tagged
sources for the OS X version of MrEd use Project Builder, a "free"
tool from Apple.  That is, it comes free when you buy OS X.   Of
course, those sources aren't what you might call finished :).  Also,
I've got a funny feeling that the OS X version is soon going to be
compiled using the new version of Codewarrior.

Best of luck,

john clements