Re: Yet another feature request for the web-server

Eli Barzilay <eli@barzilay.org> writes:

Hi all,

> On Aug 31, Francisco Solsona wrote:
> > So, the feature I'd like to see is a parameter, say:
>>   webserver-output-port
>> with the obvious value, so that I could send extra headers to the
>> client, before returning the Xexpr the webserver is waiting for.
>
> I think that a much better approach is to have a parameter that
> accumulates output headers that you can use to add output lines to.
> Accessing the raw output stream might make many people shoot their
> feet.

Right, lets forget about having access directly to the output stream.

> This is the approach I used in my webserver which began its life in
> the distant past as a hack of the PLT server (the tricky part is
> getting a parameter that has a single value across a single
> connection, without having shared parameters (which disappeared ages
> ago)).

One obvious way to overcome this is to implement the META tag:

http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/wilbur/head/meta.html

it would be simple enough to parse the (head ...) section of the
Xexpr, in search of META tags to transform into headers.

--Francisco