Re: Yet another feature request for the web-server

Shriram Krishnamurthi <sk@cs.brown.edu> writes:

Hi,

> Francisco, why aren't you just using SEND/SUSPEND?

Well, I will use SEND/SUSPEND for other parts of the site, though I
wanted to use a CGI I had without modification, and it uses cookies.
It is a very simple use of them, that I can easily get rid of, though.

Shriram Krishnamurthi <sk@cs.brown.edu> writes:

> MJ Ray wrote:
>
>>						   However, for cookies
>> to actually be impossible doesn't sound good.
>
> Yeah, but they're not impossible for an *interesting* reason.  It
> would be a simple matter to augment the document generation interface
> to permit the specification of such headers.

Yup, that's why I suggested the output-port thing before.

> Francisco, I think allowing optional header information would be a
> much better interface than exposing the port directly.

Agreed, much, much better.

--Francisco