Re: Yet another feature request for the web-server

Reini Urban <rurban@x-ray.at> writes:

> yes, but how do you do session management?
> adding hidden input boxes and adding url params is cumbersome
> and left to the poor developer.

No.  Look into send/suspend, especially in the paper by Paul Graunke
et al titled "Programming the Web with High-Level Programming
Languages".  For me, that's one of the main reasons to program with
the PLT webserver, as you don't have to worry about saving state while
asking the user for more input: you just ask.

> > > What about playing with other headers like having a page that will
> > > not stick to your cache, changing mime types etc etc etc?
> it's absolutely needed for file uploads, pdf downloads,
> dynamic gif's, http auth, ssl auth, server-side caching of
> dynamic content, avoiding local or proxy caching, ...

Do you *output* header changes for file uploads?  But in general, see
my other comment: