Re: bytecode unification for scripting languages

Jeffrey Stephens schrieb:
> This comment is very interesting.  Years ago I remember reading a book by Ayn
> Rand titled 'Atlas Shrugged'.  The theme of this work is that there are
> a relatively few key innovators/producers/movers-and-shakers in the world in
> every discipline, and if these individuals were somehow removed things would
> fall apart.

This must be a science fiction book: "removing people" :)

> This is precisely what happens in the book.  The hero, John Galt,
> convinces a number of these people to "retire" early, and the machinery of
> production grinds to a halt.  It makes one wonder what would happen to Scheme
> or other projects if something similar happened.  Would Scheme wither on the
> vine?  Just a thought.

what happened to football (somewhere known as "soccer") when manchester
united's plane crashed in the 60'ies and all died.
it did hurt but football is still alive.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/