Re: configuration improvements for the PLT webserver?

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 04:54:55PM -0400, MichaelL@frogware.com wrote:

> In a sense, I see a tremendous opportunity for the web server to be a real
> "showcase" piece that represents what you can do with Scheme--and mzScheme
> in particular. Along those lines you get into things like remote admin,
> dynamically updating modules in a running server, etc. Lots of work, but
> interesting from a design perspective and an mzScheme perspective.

As a current heavy user of OpenACS and the AOLServer web server, it would be
great to be able to have a builtin scheme to a multithreaded webserver.

OpenACS is really great but lacks some of the debugging support that would
make my job easier.  Being able to test/develop/release on my Mac would also
be very nice.

You could easily have a rudimentary GUI that would have a "quickstart"
button that would get people going right away.

> I read in the mailing list archive the "Peasant Revolt" thread. To me, the
> single best way to get people to talk about and use Scheme is to provide
> great solutions in Scheme. If the solutions are great, the people will
> follow.

Everyone can use the Web, and everyone wants to, if possible.

Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo
patrick@zill.net