MysterX Message Loop?

When I run mxdemo.ss from the MysterX collects dir (using "MrEd -r
mxdemo.ss") the demo window opens and then automatically closes; there
doesn't seem to be a message loop. If I create a MrEd window within that
script--even if it isn't visible--the MysterX window stays open and works
correctly. (The scripts in the test dir keep their windows open because
they write to the pseudo-console; if they don't, their windows also close.)

First question: is there a different way to get a message loop going?
Second question: why doesn't a MysterX browser window create its own
message loop?

(I'm using 103 with MysterX p3.)