Re: ODBC

"Alex Peake" <apeake@comac.com> writes:

> The "traditional" way to deal with this is to pool connections. Make a pool
> of connections and take from and return to the pool as needed.

Again, I was talking about the time taken to load the library, rather
than the time to form a database connection.  Pooling database
connections is efficient and quite simple in scheme, if my thoughts
are clear, but still requires a daemon running continuously rather
than a simple CGI system.

Let me get back to this when I've had time to play with the PLT
server.