Re: A Conclusion Re: SchemeQL

MJ Ray <markj@cloaked.freeserve.co.uk> writes:

[...]

> Guess I'll have to look at either using a scheme web server or storing
> data elsewhere.  Any advice?

Probably the best way to go is the PLT webserver.  Nevertheless, if
you feel like keep using your Apache server, I recommend using FastCGI
(there is also a library written by Ilia Perminov, and a unit based
one in the PLT libraries and extensions page).

Setting up Apache to use FastCGI is fairly simple, and porting your
CGIs to FastCGIs is also simple enough.  The performance is
acceptable, I haven't compare the performance of FastCGI Vs. PLT
Webserver in the presence of database access, but you can find a good
(general) discussion the topic at:

@Proceedings{01:_progr_web_high_level_languag,
  title = 	 {Programming the Web with High-Level Languages},
  year = 	 2001,
  volume =	 2028,
  series =	 {Lecture Notes in Computer Science},
  month =	 {April},
  organization = {10th European Symposium on Programming, ESOP 2001},
  publisher =	 {Springer Verlag}
}

--Francisco

--
The great tragedy of science -- the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an
ugly fact.