Re: 199.16

Quoting Alexey Mahotkin:
> Matthew, I've noticed a latent problem: there are two copies of
> schvers.h, escheme.h and scheme.h (and maybe others) in
> collects/mzscheme/include and src/mzscheme/include/.

The ones in plt/collects/mzscheme/include are the ones that extensions
and embeddings should use. They're the ones mzc finds, and they're
present in non-source distributions.

The ones in plt/src/mzscheme/{include,src} are the originals, used by
the MzScheme build. There's a `headers' target in the MzScheme makefile
that copies them into the plt/collects tree (with the little patch to
"scheme.h" that you've noticed).

For various reasons, it seemed easier to treat the public header files
as something like a library, and copy them into the distribution tree
at install time. I believe that's standard practice, though I'll grant
that "standard" doesn't always mean "not confusing".

Matthew