Re: question about DrScheme

  > Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 05:10:28 +0700
  > From: Cynthia <tjioe@elang.stts.ac.id>
  > Sender: owner-plt-scheme@fast.cs.utah.edu
  >
  > Hi, please introduce. My name is Cynthia.
  > I am just a beginner to use DrScheme 101. Only a few days ago. I was trying
  > to run some files at htdp like hangman & pingp-play. But I can't do it.
  > There was an error message :
  > C:\PROGRAM FILES\PLT\collects\htdp\big-draw.ss: 7.20-7.34: Unbound
  > signature name: plt:userspace^
  >
  > My questions are :
  > 1. What's wrong ? What can I do to make it work ?

You seem to be using (require-library "draw.ss") rather than adding the
teachpack via the Langage menu. These are two different mechanisms.

  > 2. Can you tell me some collections of interesting artificaial intelligence
  > programs that I can run in DrScheme ?

My colleague Devika Subramanian has developed some AI programs in Java and
Scheme. She's compiling a book-size web package over the next six months.

  > 3. Do the language of DrScheme using the standard of Scheme language ?

DrScheme is implemented in MzScheme. This language extends R4RS with many
constructs: structures, exceptions, classes, modules, etc. They are
necessary to organize very large, extensible programs such as DrScheme
(200,000 lines of code).

DrScheme provides three plus four languages at the moment. The first three
are so-called teaching languages: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced. The
four are full MzScheme with or without graphics, with or without debugging
support. (W/o debugger programs run four to five times faster.)

We call the collection "the PLT Scheme suite."

  > I am expected for your answer. This language is really good & I like the
  > playing cards games. I want to learn about it. Thanks for your attention.
  > I'll be waiting for your reply.
  >
  > Regards,
  > Cynthia

Thanks. I am translating the playing card games into teachpacks so that
teachers can use them with students without i/o overhead.

Hope this helps -- Matthias