Re: Segmentation fault on startup for v200 on FreeBSD --- resolved

> This isn't going to be so easy with help-desk, however, because (at least
> as of v103) help-desk is actually a shell script.  GDB tends not to
> understand those particularly well.  You should be able to read through the
> shell script and figure out which binary is loaded; for my build of 103,
> it's ${PLTHOME}/.bin/i386-linux/mred.  In theory, you could fire up gdb on
> this executable and the core file, although I've not actually tried this.

Thanks Richard for your help.

I found docs for gdb via: info gdb

This was enough to get me started with the debugger. Next I fooled around
trying to get mzscheme to run under the debugger.  In doing this I discovered
that the filed called "mzscheme" in the bin directory is the script you
described above while the "mzscheme" in the .bin directory is the real binary.

When I ran the binary directly in the ./bin directory it didn't seg fault. So I
opened up the script to see what it was doing and discovered that the PLTHOME
variable was pointing to a directory that actually contained v103 binaries
instead of the v199 binaries I had just built.  I deleted the v103 directory
reran make install and edited my .cshrc file and now everything works.

Thanks again