Re: safe eval

Quoting "wil at home":
> At this point my "scheme_console_output" hook is called with the following
> string
> "error trying to display error: exception raised:\n", int len=50
> The call stack is attached.

Probably you want to set up a stderr port, too (by setting
scheme_make_stderr). It looks like the error-while-displaying-error is
from not being able to write to stderr.

Meanwhile, the actual error seems to be that a non-procedure was
applied. Since you mention random crashes, I'd guess that some
procedure is being GCed when it shouldn't be (so the GC turns a
procedure into a nothing).

In particular, since you're embedding in a Windows app, did you set
GC_use_registered_statics to 1? And if so, did you register the static
variable `exn_catching_apply' (copied from oe.c)?

If I'm not on the right track, perhaps you can say more about your
embedding of MzScheme (e.g., whether Jabber is multi-threaded).

Matthew