Re: Pseudo-random numbers

I don't think Numerical Recipes says much about the
type of generators you're interested in.  Bummer.

As part of Schemathics (Download from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/schematics/) I
implemented the shuffling random number generator from
Numerical Recipes.  Apparently there aren't
correlations between random numbers in such a
generator, so you could generate your random numbers
by concatentating consequtive numbers from such a
generator.  It won't be blazing fast, but it might be
fast enough.

On a different tangent,  the new /dev/random in Linux
2.4 is apparently very good and allows you to request
any given number of random bits.

I you want to fold your hackage into Schemathics it
would be most welcome.

cya,
Noel