Re: SrPersist and sql-c-char question

"Alex Peake" <apeake@comac.com> writes:

Hello Alex,

> When I:
> (define odbc-version 3.5)
> (require-library "schemeql.ss" "schemeql")
>
> I get:
> d:\drscheme\.\collects\setup\..\..\collects\schemeql\driver/odbc.ss:
> 29.29-29.57: unit: unbound identifier get-diag-field
>
> Is that something obvious?

Yes, obvious and very silly of me. :-( Sorry, the problem is the file
"schemeqlr.ss" where I include the file "driver/odbc.ss", and as you
can see it uses unix's syntax.  The fast solution is to edit that
file, there you will find something like:

(>= odbc-version 3.5)
  (unit/sig schemeql:schemeql^
            (import
             srpersist:odbc-3.5^
             schemeql:util^
             [c : schemeql:cursor^]
             (odbc-version))
            (include (build-path "driver" "odbc.ss"))
                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
              put this instead of "driver/odbc.ss"

I guess that should to the trick.  This bug is new, since I am working
(not much, though) on a text-based DBMS, so I put the SrPersist
dependent code in the driver{/|\}odbc.ss file.

I have placed a new .plt file in the ftp that includes this
correction.  I haven't had the chance to test SchemeQL in other
platforms different to Unix (FreeBSD, and Linux with MySQL), so:
*thank you* for trying SchemeQL out, and I hope I can be of any
assistance.

--Francisco

P.S. I have also SchemeQL on a CVS server, in case you prefer the
development version.  See the beginning of "doc.txt" for instructions.