RE: SrPersist and sql-c-char question

>In learning about SrPersist, I tried the following test. It all works except
>for the strange display of the strings (from the buffers). Each string is 80
>characters long, filled with (apparently) null characters, or the contenets
>of the previous buffer after the first null. Is there some way to "convert
>to scheme strings" so the display properly?

How large are the fields corresponding to the buffers in
the database?  The bind-col procedure passes the buffer
length to the ODBC driver.  I think if the length is
too long, you may get junk in the buffers.

What does the actual output look like?

Also, Francisco Solsona discovered a GC bug related to buffers.
The scheme_malloc() call in addToBufferTable() in
srpersist.cxx should be scheme_malloc_uncollectable().
I don't think that's the problem you're seeing, though.

-- Paul

| Paul Steckler, Ph.D.       |    Rice University PLT            |
| steck@cs.rice.edu          |    DrScheme Project               |
| Tel:  713/348-3814         |    http://www.cs.rice.edu/~steck/ |
| FAX:  713/348-5930         |    *** Ad astra per hackera ***   |