Re: Two questions

I believe I can answer your first question.

At 11:25 AM +0000 2/27/01, Jerzy Karczmarczuk wrote:
>1. I found yesterday that (floor x) returns
>    a. an inexact number if the language option is Full
>    b. an exact integer if the language option is Student
>    (a) seems to be the "official" behaviour.
>    Is it judicious to keep this difference?
>    (Of course, you might have explained it somewhere in the doc, but
>     still, I feel uneasy about this...)

floor should not do anything different in the teaching languages than
in full scheme. If floor receives an inexact number, it produces an
inexact and if it receives an exact, it produces an exact. The
difference you might be seeing is that decimal constants are treated
as exact numbers in the teaching languages, but they are treated as
inexact numbers in the full languages.

Robby