Re: Offtopic: How to Design Programming Tests

> > NB. There are conservative, generational collectors. -- Matthias
>
>Granted, I know very little about garbage collection, but this surprises
>me; I had thought such GCs impossible.
>
>I'm curious as to how they could work---could someone point me to a
>discussion of this technology?  (Ideally one readable by someone who
>doesn't
>(yet) have an advanced degree in the area....)
I enjoyed this paper:
William D Clinger and Lars T Hansen, Generational Garbage Collection and the
Radioactive Decay Model. Proceedings of the 1997 ACM Conference on
Programming Language Design and Implementation.
ftp://ftp.ccs.neu.edu/pub/people/will/radioactive.ps.gz

Immanuel