Re: good books on scheme?

Tim> i tried to follow a recent discussion which mentioned tail
Tim> recursion and closures. i remember tail recursion from SICP, but
Tim> had forgotten what a closure is and I didn't find it in the index
Tim> of my old copy (nor in the index of "the little schemer", the
Tim> only other book on scheme I have. ah, wait! the latter has
Tim> "apply-closure" and I find what I wanted to know: a closure is "a
Tim> non-primitive function"?)

A closure is simply a representation for a procedure.  SICP doesn't
define the term but does define the concept.  Look for "The
Environment Model of Evaluation".  The environment model uses a triple
to represent a procedure consisting of the parameters, and the body of
the lambda expression as well as an environment; the triple is
commonly called a closure.

So, you don't have to buy a new book.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike