Re: DrScheme Error?

   From: Jeffrey Stephens <jsteve17@tampabay.rr.com>
   Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 13:39:22 -0500
   Sender: owner-plt-scheme@fast.cs.utah.edu

   I am using version 103.5d104 of DrScheme which I downloaded from the anoncvs
   site a few days ago.  Reading through the Teach Yourself Scheme in Fixnum
   Days Tutorial I tried the following expression from para. 2.1.2 Numbers:

	   (rational? 3.1416)

   According to the text this should evaluate to #f, but on my DrScheme it
   evaluates to true in Beginner's mode and #t in Full Scheme mode.  I should
   note that I have the "Print Rationals in Whole/Part Notation" checked.

It is a rational number. It has a finite number of digits to the right of
the arrow. Do you mean (exact?  ...) ?

   Also, another question concerning syntax for (complex?  <expression)

   If I type:

	      (complex?  1+3i)

This is a function application of ONE argument: the complex number 1+3i.

   all goes according to Hoyle, but if I type:

	      (complex?  1 + 3i)       ; inserting spaces around the plus sign

This is a function application of THREE arguments: 1, +, and 3i.

   I get an error.  This happens whether I put parentheses around the (1 + 3i)
   or not.  Is this the way it's supposed to work?

-- Matthias