Re: install question

You're right that there is another libjpeg.a library around in that
directory! However, that didn't fix the problem. I tried all sorts of
rearrangements for the options parameters in several different locations,
often making sure that ../wxcommon/jpeg was first. Eventually,
I removed all reference to the /lusr/X11R6 directory, and still had the
same problem:

make mred

c++ -L../wxxt/utils/image/src  -L../wxxt/contrib/xpm/lib  -L../mzscheme -Lwxs -Lwxme -L../wxxt/src -L../wxcommon/jpeg  -o mred mred.o mredx.o wxGC.o wxJPEG.o -lmzscheme -lgc -lwxscheme -lwxme -lwx_xt -lXpm -limage_xt -ljpeg -lSM -lICE -lXaw -lXmu -lXt -lX11 -lXext  -ldl -lm  -lsocket -lnsl -lintl

Undefined			first referenced
 symbol  			    in file
jpeg_destroy_decompress             wxJPEG.o
jpeg_stdio_src                      wxJPEG.o
jpeg_read_scanlines                 wxJPEG.o
jpeg_finish_decompress              wxJPEG.o
jpeg_start_decompress               wxJPEG.o
jpeg_std_error                      wxJPEG.o
jpeg_CreateDecompress               wxJPEG.o
jpeg_read_header                    wxJPEG.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to mred
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `mred'
Current working directory /stage/public/share/src/plt/src/mred

-bogo