Re: peasant revolt against DrScheme!

  Nobody knows that better than me ;-)  If the CS professors here REALLY
  wanted to sell scheme, they'd emphasize how macho it is and give
  brain-twisting assignments using continuations for *everything* :-)

YES!

Here are two for your entertainment.

1. Suppose you have LET and CALL/CC but not lambda. Can you define lambda
   as a macro?

2. Suppose you have LETREC and CALL/CC but no SET! and no SET-BOX!. Can you
   define box, set-box!, and unbox?

Happy puzzeling :-)

-- Matthias

P.S. Yes, we assigned these things in 210 until I took over. Making the
course gentler rather than more macho was the right thing in retrospect.
It may make some hacky, nerdy males unhappy -- but when the women in their
pair-team write short solutions to things for which they need 10 pages in
C++, they wake up and compete :-)