Embedding time-stamp into color%

hi

i am trying to implement an algorithm that allows the identification of
a graphical object (line, circle, etc...) through a mouse click on that
object.

i have create a derived class of color% that has an attribute for
time-stamp. then i drew, for instance, a blue rectangle object and
embedded the time-stamp of its creation time into it. when i create a
set of rectangles (all with the same color), i would like to be able to
retrieve one of them by matching the time-stamp of the color (from my
derived class) returned by "(send a-bitmap-dc get-pixel x y color)" with
the time-stamp of the target rectangle.

i came to the conclusion (with my modest knowledge of DrScheme) that
this cant be done. the identification of a color on my screen is
exclusively dependant on the color of the pixel itself and cant be
linked to another attribute. am i right? is there another way?

thanks

--
Hassoun Karam
hassoun.karam.1@agora.ulaval.ca