Re: [OFFTOPIC, ...] [was: peasant revolt ...]

Matthias Felleisen wrote:

> Jerry is also wrong about us not teaching `useful' things with
> Scheme. Pretty soon, you will see extensions of HtDP that show how
> a fourth week student can create Web trees ...

   I did not criticize YOU.
   I noticed that everywhere in the world, where Scheme is taught, the
   focus is on "introductory programming", and the applicative side
   is rather weak. Show me a popular book on graphics, etc. where
   the algorithms are presented in Scheme.
   Show me the Scheme variant of "Numerical Recipes", etc. THIS was
   my point.
   You have done a wonderful job, I am very grateful. Of course you
   teach useful things. But you alone won't save the world.

JerZy Karczmarczuk
   =