Re: Scheme acceptance [no flames]

Leo Razoumov wrote:

> I heard, that FreeBSD folks on FreeBSD port project are very receptive to new
> software. In fact they already provide binaries for almost every Scheme
> implementation except for DrScheme. See it for yourself at:
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/lang.html

Some of us in PLT used to use FreeBSD on our desktops.  None of us do
any longer.  The hassle of installing and maintaining a FreeBSD
machine for the sole purpose of compiling PLT Scheme releases is
simply too much.

If, on the other hand, someone on this list uses FreeBSD, and would be
willing to devote a little of their time before each of our
(infrequent) releases ... we'd love to hear from you!

Shriram