Re: Scheme acceptance [no flames]

Eddie Corns wrote:

> Is this more advanced than what you are suggesting for a cookbook?
> Obviously it would require a fair amount of explanatory material on
> the widgets and even the object system.  Are there plans for such
> <emph>explanatory</emph>/tutorial material (other then the current
> reference material)?  Have I missed it?  Does, in fact, DrScheme
> offer a rich enough set of widgets for generic apps (ie not
> extensions to DrScheme)?

This is the kind of thing that would belong in "the cookbook".
Whether it'll have as much detail as you want, I don't know.  But you
shouldn't think of the book as a single, atomic, closed entity.  As
time becomes available and demand prevails, we will be adding new
chapters and sections to it -- just see how How to Design Programs
grew from a set of lecture notes to a book!

Shriram