point of view on mzscheme's module system

I am trying to develop a point of view on mzscheme's module system compared
to the other scheme implementations as well as CL's package system.
Although I do not care to fully appreciate some of the problems discussed in
MFlatt's thesis and related papers, I can understand the basic parts of the
arguments presented.  Based on it's design point, Mzscheme's module system
is substantially different than the other implementations, and I think, a
bit more complex.

Is there a common point of view on mzscheme's module system which would help
me understand it's value relative to the other module implementations in
other schemes or CL?  Is there a consensus that it's design is a good one
when employing mzscheme beyond the academic community?