Re: defmacro fails under DrScheme but not under MzScheme

At 10:03 -0500 2000-07-12, Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:
>Hannu Koivisto wrote:
>
>>  Well, DrScheme's stepper perhaps is, but in general I can't see any
>>  reason why one couldn't also have a textual stepper like many
>>  Common Lisp implementations do.  I thought that there might be a
>>  possibility that also DrScheme's stepper is layered so that the
>>  graphical stuff is not neccessary and one could run it on a textual
>>  system at least with only few lines of glue code.
>
>It could, with an appropriate model-view implementation.  For some
>reason it wasn't produced that way, and I don't know the design
>decisions behind that.  Probably convenience?

Actually, it _was_ produced that way, in the sense that the stepper
contains explicit model and view-controller components.  However, as
Shriram points out, we've never had a compelling reason to implement
a textual view/controller component.

john