BOUNCE plt-scheme@flux.cs.utah.edu: Admin request: /^subject:\s*help\b/i

>From plt-scheme-owner  Thu Jun 29 01:57:53 2000
From: Patrice Belleville <patrice@cs.ubc.ca>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 00:57:50 -0700 (PDT)
To: plt-scheme@fast.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Help needed to create a simple tool

Hi,

	We will  probably be  moving  to Dr. Scheme  in September  for our
three 1st year courses that uses  Scheme. I have thus  been trying to make
it behave in  the same way as the  hypothetical Scheme interpreter used in
the  textbook,  by  defining  appropriate procedures  and   macros. I have
managed to  create  a teachpack    that mostly  does  what I   want,   but
unfortunately teachpacks  don't allow macros to be  exported to the user's
name  space. I thus need  to use tools. Unfortunately,  I  can not seem to
figure out how to do it from  the documentation, and the examples provided
with Dr. Scheme are too involved to allow me to figure  out how to do what
I  want (at least not without  spending inordinates amounts  of time going
through them).

	Are there any examples available that demonstrate how to build a
simple tool [ideally  one that defines a   few procedures and a couple  of
macros, that  need to be accessed  from the student's  code]. Any pointers
would be very appreciated. Thank you,

                                                                   Patrice

--
** Patrice Belleville (patrice@cs.ubc.ca)                   (604) 822-9870