Re: Distributing PLT Scheme with RedHat

rpmfind.net links to incoming.redhat.com as the place to upload
stuff. incoming.redhat.com in turn says:

    Red Hat Software -- Incoming Site

        This is an experimental site.  Please report any problems
        immediately to .

        This host is for uploading of packages for the Red Hat contrib
        site only.  The following rules must be followed when uploading
        software or the uploads will be removed.

        o Only RPMS and SRPMS should be uploaded.

        o If a binary RPM is uploaded, its SRPM must also be uploaded.

        o Only Open Source Software should be uploaded.

        o Packages with encryption capabilities must be exportable under
          US law.  Packages with strong encryption are prohibited.

As for getting DrScheme into a Linux distro - great idea! I'd add
posting to freshmeat as well. Of all the distros I think Debian and
Suse would be the friendliest to new contrib. Debian 'cause they have
a lot of scheme packages already and seem friendly to the whole
Scheme/real programming langs concept. The Debian maintainer of the
Guile (or Scsh?) package appeared on comp.lang.scheme not too long
ago. Suse 'cause they seem to have a policy of including absolutely
everything in their distros.

cya,
Noel

--