RE: how to create .exe files from a drscheme program ?

You might also want to consider creating a launcher (it is a bit
easier than Paul's recommendation, but it might not be sufficient for
you). A launcher is a small executable that just starts up mred or
mzscheme with a particular set of command-line options. So, once you
have developed your program, and you can run it like this:

   mred -qf myprog.ss

you can create a launcher called "My Prog" that starts up mred with
those command line options. For the details, search for "launcher" in
Help Desk.

Hope that helps,
Robby